Strata Plan Management
Brown Bros. Agencies Ltd. is a leader in the Property Management field serving Victoria to Sidney and the Cowichan Bay area. The Strata Managers manage over 1,923 strata units in condominium buildings, townhouse complexes and mixed use properties.
We assist the Strata Council, who is responsible for the control, management, maintenance and administration of the common property, common facilities and common assets of the Strata Corporation. Services include financial reporting, records keeping, administrative duties, attendance at council and general meetings, recording of meeting minutes, obtaining quotes and contracts for repairs and maintenance, capital replacement, or service contracts. The level of service provided is custom tailored to meet the needs of the Strata Corporation and our Agent's Management Fee is negotiated accordingly.
The Strata Managers are licensed under the Real Estate Services Act of BC and they are subject to mandatory and continuing education and examination. Accounting and strata staff assist the Strata Managers in the management of the Strata Corporations.
Management services include some or all of the following:
- Maintain operating and contingency bank trust accounts, along with special levy account(s), as needed.
- Collection of monthly assessment payments by pre-authorized debit.
- Payment of monthly invoices which are part of the annual operating budget.
- Transfer approved contingency reserve contribution amount on a monthly basis.
- Payment of extraordinary expenses, as approved by the Strata Council or the Strata Corporation.
- Provide a detailed monthly financial statement of revenue and expenses to the Strata Council, including monthly bank reconciliations.
- Invest and manage contingency reserve fund in accordance with the Strata Property Act.
- Prepare a forecast budget with the Strata Council and assist in obtaining a
- Maintain records of the Strata Corporation as required by the Strata Property Act.
- Produce minutes of Strata Council and general meetings for distribution.
- Follow up on delinquent accounts, including fines, registration of liens and legal action if necessary.
- Assist the Strata Council with matters pertaining to the Strata Corporation, Common Property, Common Assets, By-laws and Rules.
- Follow up on general inquiries from owners.
- Prepare Form Fs and Bs as requested by owners, realtors, lawyers and notaries.
- Arrange for the Annual General Meeting or Special General Meeting(s) including agenda notice and attachments.
- Prepare the annual Strata Corporation income tax return (in a clerical duty capacity) for submission to CCRA.
- The Strata Manager or their Assistant can be reached during regular business hours, Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm for routine matters.
- A physical inspection of all common areas of the Strata Plan.
- Obtain quotes for repairs and maintenance items or capital replacement project(s), as required.
- Assist the Strata Council annually to place and maintain fire, general liability, earthquake, director's liability and other insurance coverage requirements.
- Arrange for service contracts, such as waste and recycling management, janitorial service and gardening services.
- We can also be reached after hours in the event of an emergency at (250) 385-8771.